Sunday, October 14, 2018

Progress update

While I have been silent on this platform for the past four weeks I have made quite some progress in the studio. Those who follow me on Instagram already know what I'm talking about and won't learn anything new. For the others this is what happened.

I made some good progress with my epp project and as usual I really enjoy looking at the back of such a project. All those lovely seams that will soon disappear in the layers of the finished quilt.







And with the growing of this epp top I got room back on my design wall. This enabled me to also work on the project I first talked about here.


What started as an experiment by just sewing strips together as leaders and enders while working on Nelly grew to a finished top of its own right. It's been a fun process with these improv strips. Not only with the top itself but also with the fun progress on my wall.







I'm really happy with this top. With its cheerful colors it is uplifting to look at. So fun how the wall has changed during the last four weeks.


And this is all that's left of the epp pieces to be sewn together. Soon I'll have another finished top!

And with Crux I'll have three tops waiting to be backed, layered, basted, and quilted!
See you again in a couples week!



No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...