Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Nelly // 2 and last !!

Back in May I started to work on Nelly as a special birthday gift. As I anticipated finding the final layout has proven to be a challenge. Originally I intended a more even distribution of the colors but it wouldn't work. No matter how hard I tried. Only when I started to arrange them by color groups it started to please me.
Now that it is finished and gifted I'm quite happy with it. Even though it is not what I had envisioned. But once I abandoned my original idea things got easier. I shouldn't put too much pressure on me!
Or maybe I should as only so I'll get better.

So here is finished Nelly. All machine pieced and machine quilted. Measuring 180 x 142 cm.

It is my fifth disappearing nine patch and I'm thrilled that I was able to again find a totally different layout and look. A challenge I imposed myself. Go to my quilts page if you want to see and compare with previous ones. You'll have to scroll a bit to find the other four. A little challenge for you as well.














And here in its new home!




No comments:

Post a Comment