Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Steps III also goes Blogger's Quilt Festival

This time I'm participating with two quilts at Blogger's Quilt Festival.

I was so pleased with how Steps III turned out eventually that I have decided to enter it into the Original Design category. The making of this quilt has been quite a journey and you can read more about it here.

I finished it last fall. It measures 148 x 116 cm and is made of upcycled men's shirts and solid cottons. Machine pieced and machine quilted. I also really love the back!





7 comments:

  1. Your quilt caught my eye over in the BQF and I like it a lot! Love your use of low volume stripes with those pops of color. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your quilt! the fabric choice, the layout, the backing, all. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt too! I love the little bursts of color among all the lovely plaid and stripe fabrics. After reading your previous post, I can understand what a journey this quilt was! I've never cut up a quilt top before - that really took some courage! But it was a brilliant idea to play with the photograph to decide what you wanted to do. Bravo! The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooohhhh! I love this quilt! It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design! The colors go so well in with the scrappy stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pasqualina! This is adorable quilt! I love your design with beautiful Fabrics from men's shirts (I love those Materials) and some little bright spots! You get my vote! Greetings from Finnish woman from GREECE! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful quilt. Great use of limited color with the scrappy shirt fabrics.

    ReplyDelete