Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kernel // 8

Meanwhile the top is finished and so is the back. While I'm procrastinating preparing the sandwich I keep thinking about how to quilt this one. I want the quilting to add interest without being too distracting since I think that the top has already a lot of movement going on. Plus this is still a utilitarian quilt so it has to remain soft and cosy. I have thought of some stitch in the ditch but don't see it really feasible. Maybe some diagonal gently undulated lines could work? Or rather straight lines like here? Or just a good old stipple pattern like here? And what kind of thread color will I be using? I welcome your ideas!

Inzwischen sind das Top und auch die Rückseite fertig. Während ich die leidige Vorbereitung des Sandwichs vor mich her schiebe, überlege ich ständig, wie ich diesen quilten soll. Ich möchte kein Quiltmuster, das sich zu stark bemerkbar macht, da ich finde, das Top ist schon interessant genug. Zudem ist dies nach wie vor ein Gebrauchsquilt und soll weich und kuschelig bleiben. Ich habe an leicht ondulierende diagonale Linien gedacht. Oder lieber gerade Linien wie hier? Oder vielleicht gar mäandernde Linien wie hier? Und was für eine Fadenfarbe soll ich bloss nehmen? Anregungen sind sehr erwünscht!



No comments:

Post a Comment