Tuesday, March 17, 2015

New quilt with new approach // 3

I decided I'm going to turn this model into a quilt. I don't aim at reproducing it exactly. I want to maintain the character of the color scheme and the distribution of the colors. The shapes are less important to me.


I made a grid to define the blocks I was going to sew.


I made shopping lists for auditioning and buying fabric. These are just for selecting the colors. I'm going to mix prints and solids.


I decided on a kind of block design. I wonder how these pointy shapes will change the look of the round and thus softer shapes of the model.


I pulled the fabric ...


... arranged all I need around me ...


... and let the fun begin!




I also chose the name for this quilt. It is more than just inspired by Ursula Kern. I'm calling it Kernel.

4 comments:

  1. A very interesting approach, I like to see your planning process, I also like the colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Спасибо! Это очень интересно!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really mind-boggling to me. I cannot even imagine doing this. It truly is a fascinating process.

    ReplyDelete