Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Scraps

Since I finished both my crochet projects and because I don't like to work with yarn when the weather is warm or even hot I needed a new sewing by hand work. This is when I remembered my saved scraps from earlier quilting projects. So this is what I'm doing when I want to sew on the go or on the couch and give my sewing machine a rest: Some improvised blocks to be used in a future project I still have to think of.

Da ich meine Häkelarbeit beendet habe und weil ich in der warmen Jahreszeit nicht gerne stricke oder häkle, musste ich mir eine neue Handarbeit einfallen lassen. Da kamen mir meine gesammelten Stoffresten (bis zu kleinsten Stückchen) aus früheren Quilt-Arbeiten in den Sinn und dies ist nun was ich mache, wenn ich die Nähmaschine nicht zur Hand habe. Ich nähe improvisierte Blöcke, zu deren Verwendung ich mir später etwas einfallen lassen werde.

Dato che ho finito i miei lavori all'uncinetto e perché non mi piace lavorare con la lana durante la stagione calda ho dovuto inventarmi qualcosa d'altro per soddisfare le miei mani. Così mi sono ricordata dei miei piccoli resti di stoffa messi da parte ed ecco cosa ne faccio quando non ho la macchina da cucire a portata di mano: Cucio a mano dei blocchi fantasia, poi penserò a come utilizzarli.




You can read here the story of the basket above.
Hier gibt's mehr zum oberen Körbchen.
La storiella del cestino di sopra potete leggerla qui.

No comments:

Post a Comment