Friday, March 9, 2018

Qara // 7

It's been a while since basting Qara.



I had different ideas on how to quilt it and to help me decide I once again resorted to the tracing on copies method.

My first idea looked like this. I would machine quilt these lines


And then maybe add some hand quilting.



Or why not something completely different?


Or why not going crazy?


Sometimes I wish I didn't have that many ideas!





This time I went back to my first thought. While I really like the second one, it bothers me that it changes the look of the blocks from my original intention.



So I'll do the one on the top and probably save the other idea for a Qara II. This will be the first time I'll mix machine and hand quilting. Looking forward to this new experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment