Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Christmas Tree Quilt // 7 and last!

Finished! I really like how the quilting turned out. It sparkles around the tree and that is what I was hoping for.
There are a few things I wish I had done differently. Like the very top of the tree. While it's ok to become thinner and lighter in color I now feel it disappears a little too much. A thin strong red strip would have been good up there. Also I wish the whole tree was skinnier and taller.
There are other things but I won't bother you further with my self-criticism. It's my original design and most of it turned out as envisioned. I think I should be happy with that.

All in all it's been an experiment and I learnt a lot. I hope I'll remember! I'm putting it aside now and wait for the first Advent to hang it in my house. I'm sure I'll feel good when it hangs.









No comments:

Post a Comment