Saturday, October 14, 2017

Christmas Tree Quilt // 3

I have started the quilting. I wish my free motion straight line quilting were more constant. It will have to do. I know what I'm doing within the tree but I'm constantly changing my mind for the area around it. Eventually, I'll have to decide. But I still have a lot of time to think about it as I'll be away from my studio for the next ten days.




I found this book at a thrift store during my recent trip in the USA. Meanwhile I have read it and I can highly recommend it not only but especially to all quilters among you. Such intelligent, meaningful and clever way to describe the histories of women over three generations. The analogy of bits and pieces that form a life and patches that form a quilt! Sometimes well organised and structured like in a well designed patchwork pattern, sometimes chaotic or simply free of form(ality) as in a Crazy Quilt. I adore this book and it makes me appreciate quilts even more I already do!



Taking a short break from blogging.



1 comment: