Monday, April 17, 2017

Rug revamp // 1

Seven years ago I made this rug out of old bed linens. I cut them into strips, folded them four times, pressed them, and joined them with a zigzag stitch. I liked the outcome very much and the rug has been in use ever since. It covered up the floor in front of our kitchen sink and has been "maltreated" several times a day and washed many times.






After all these years of service I has become to look like this:



Since I'm not ready to give up on it, it is high time for a revamp!
For this I'm going to use my saved tiny scraps from previous projects. 


My rug will be transformed into something totally different yet still useful and hopefully nice to look at too! Fingers crossed my plan will work out.



2 comments:

  1. really like how this rug wore in your most recent post about it. Hope that you will keep the story going regarding this iteration of the rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm posting follow-ups on Instagram.

      Delete