Saturday, September 24, 2016

Kernel goes Blogger's Quilt Festival

It's that time of the year again! Amy Ellis is holding the Blogger's Quilt Festival 2016 Fall Edition. If you want to see some creative and exquisite quilts go over to her site and enjoy a vast selection.

I am entering Kernel into the Original Design Category.

I finished this quilt last year but but have not entered it before. You can see a previous post here.


The quilt measures 176 x 138 cm. It is paper foundation pieced and machine quilted.



Each block has been individually designed.






A few process shots. You can see more if you like by going to the previous post and following back the links. I started by defining the color scheme, making a collage in letter format of the layout I had in mind. Then I decided how big I wanted the single block to be and how it should look.




It's been a laborious journey and also my first time paper foundation piecing. I'm very happy with what I've done and hope you like it too.

Be sure to visit the Festival Site and leave your votes for your favorites!



9 comments:

  1. I love the colors of this quilt! To me, it looks like abstract art of three orange mums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pattern. I like the colors. Neat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool quilts with great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite quilt in the festival! It got my vote!Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great! I think your color choices contribute to a really successful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!! Thank you for sharing your planning process. So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discover your blog through the Quilt Festival. I cannot imagine how much work went into this quilt. And I envy the tidiness oy your working table. Your quilt is really appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Reminds me very much of Ursula Kerns' work, but your process is entirely different!

    ReplyDelete