Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Back from vacation

Hey there! I'm back from a wonderful vacation including family reunion and special birthday celebrations. Hope you have been well. Unfortunately, I had a little accident which is preventing me from sitting at my new sewing desk right now. Hopefully I'll get to it sometime next week. Meanwhile I have other things to share.

While vacationing at Lido Adriano, Italy

at the beach before sunrise

we also visited the Basilica San Vitale in Ravenna. The basilica is enlisted in the UNESCO World Heritage List.



It's been 15 years since my last visit there. At that time patchwork and quilting was completely unknown to me! I remember that I was totally enthusiastic about the incredibly masterpieces of mosaic art. This time though the flooring captured my most attention and amazed me to no end. No need for many words of explanation here, quilters will understand immediately. Others may just marvel at this incredible craftsmanship.









Lots of inspiration for some quilt patterns, especially some epp, right?

Of course there can't be any trip to Italy without a proper Gelato!!



So this concludes the very short and selective summary of my vacation. No wait! I also finally had the opportunity to gift two quilts I made earlier this year and that I kept secret here. Which brings me back to the topic of quilting. So while pain in my wrist is preventing me from sewing, I can at least share what I made earlier. Stay tuned if you care to see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment