Saturday, August 13, 2016

Gerry // 1

Gerry is a quilt I started back in January to be gifted to my dad for his special birthday last month. As with Cathe I used the disappearing ninepatch method. I thought of the colors and patterns my dad would like and opted for a more traditional yet fresh and sparkling layout. I'm going to share some of the pictures I've taken along the process of making.


Setting the color scheme, design of ninepatch alignment and fabric selection.
I decided to always put a white into the center and the blues into the four corners.

Cutting, counting, numbering required patches.

Sewing the ninepatch-blocks and cutting them into four smaller blocks.

Thinking about final layout. Always a hard decision! I chose lower right.

Once the layout is decided I number the rows to bring them safely back to the sewing machine.

My way of chain piecing the rows!

Three weeks later I had the completed top.


To be continued.



No comments:

Post a Comment