Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DIY tutorial for updated gift wrapping paper

For some reasons I find myself with tons of christmas wrapping paper and almost none for birthday occasions. Recently I had a rather large gift to wrap and didn't want to buy a new roll of wrapping paper while my drawer is still overflowing. Here is how I solved the problem:

  1. I wrapped the gift with the christmas wrapping paper since I only wanted to take care of the front side.
  2. I cut out circles from magazine pages. I used a jar lid and a pencil to mark the circles. You choose colors, patterns and shapes of your liking or matching the wrapping paper. Cut as many as you like. I decided that some of the original design would still show.
  3. I first moved them around on the paper until I liked the whole appearance and glued them down.
  4. I weighted it all down with more magazines for about ten minutes.

And I was done! Quick and easy and really fun. (The receiver of the gift liked it as well!)

1

2

2

3

4


No comments:

Post a Comment