Thursday, June 30, 2016

Diamond // 17

I'm making nice progress with my hand quilting. After several hours each of quilting with and without a hoop I've come to the conclusion that I prefer to continue without it. While I appreciate that the hoop keeps the quilt nicely tight and I have a good view of where it is that I'm working at, I take greater advantage of the flexibility to also work the fabric around the needle than having the needle do the whole job. I can achieve similar flexibility by keeping the quilt rather loose in the hoop but then I may as well just leave it away and save time on the handling.
I guess it's a matter of personal preference and also the look one wants to achieve. For slightly bigger running stitches as I'm doing this is now my preferred way of working. But I can totally see the advantage of the hoop when doing stab-stitches or even embroidery kind of work.







No comments:

Post a Comment