Tuesday, January 23, 2018


I finished my latest quilt. The epp hand sewing project I've been working on for the last couples of months. I first decided how I wanted one block to look like, once I had enough blocks I looked at various layout options. You can see them here. As so often happens when I don't have it planned out from start, I have a hard time committing to a final layout. It's been the same here. Finally, I chose a clean and neat arrangement. It seems I needed order and clarity. But it also convinced me because I think that the colors and the neutrals play en equal role in this layout and the shades within the neutrals get enough room to be noticed. Yet, the overall picture makes a strong visual impact. At least this is how I see it.

Once I had settled on the final layout I also found the name for this quilt:


Hand pieced and hand quilted. 140 x 100 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment