Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Steps IV // 6

I'm taking my time with this. I still haven't started on the backing and I'm also out of batting. But it is always on my mind and I'm thinking a lot about how I want to quilt it.

To help me visualize my ideas I print several copies of a picture and draw imagined quilting lines on them. Here in red so that I can see something. But my plan is to use a light grey or similar color of quilting thread. In the end it will all be about texture and highlighting areas. We'll see how it works out. Most probably I won't start quilting before October anyway. Lot's of time to change my mind again and again.





And here just one of the other things keeping me busy as well. No tending and watering. Just harvesting and processing thanks to my parents! Still time-consuming but oh so good and satisfying!




No comments:

Post a Comment