Thursday, February 26, 2015

Scraps I // 7

I have made up my mind on how to quilt Scraps I. I'm doing horizontal lines but stopping when I get to the colored block centers. I then just lift the foot and pull the threads to the point I want to continue sewing. When I'm all done I will cut the loose threads in half, pull them to the back, knot and bury them. I'm machine quilting with a light grey color. I will then hand quilt along the centers with a slightly darker grey thread. Now this is going to keep me busy in the evenings for a while and that is totally fine with me.

Ich habe mich endlich entschieden, wie ich diesen Quilt quilten will. Ich nähe horizontale gerade Linien, stoppe aber vor den bunten Mittelstücken. Ich hebe das Füsschen und ziehe die Fäden bis zur Stelle, wo ich weiter nähen will. Später werde ich die losen Fäden in der Mitte durchschneiden, nach Hinten ziehen, verknoten und versenken. Dazu verwende ich einen hellgrauen Faden. Um die bunten Blockzentren werde ich dann mit einem etwas dunkleren Grau einmal von Hand quilten. Das wird seine Zeit brauchen und die gönn ich mir.

Finalmente ho deciso come quiltare questo quilt. Con un filo grigio chiaro cucio a macchina linee orizzontali ma mi fermo quando arrivo ai centri colorati. Alzo il piede e tiro i fili fino a dove voglio continuare a cucire. Una volta quiltato tutto, taglio i fili a metà, li tiro sul retro, li annodo e li affondo nel tessuto. Dopo quilterò a mano con un grigio un poco più scuro una volta intorno ai centri. Ci vorrà del tempo per finirlo, del tempo che mi concedo con piacere.




1 comment: