Friday, June 21, 2013

Hexago ! // 8

I'm so happy to have a design wall. For this layout I find it extremely helpful to first arrange all the rosettes the way I want them. I had started to sew together the ones I laid out on my sofa but first this work is going to take weeks if not months and I can't occupy the sofa for all the time it takes and secondly the sofa is of course to small and I really like to see the whole picture from the start. So I pinned the ones already sewed to the centre of the design wall and arranged the other rosettes around it. The rosettes with still the paper in them are to heavy to stick by themselves but luckily I have no lack of pins. These pictures show a intermediate result as there will be more rosettes at the top and bottom. Now I can take down the rosettes I want to sew while the others remain in their determined spot. And its fun to see the piece in the lap grow while the amount of rosettes on the wall decreases.

Eine Designwand ist wirklich hilfreich. I hatte begonnen, die Rosetten, die ich auf dem Sofa ausgelegt hatte zusammen zu nähen. Aber dann fand ich, dass ich das ganze Bild auf einmal sehen wollte. Dazu reichte das Sofa natürlich nicht. Zudem dauert das Zusammennähen seine Zeit und so lange will ich das Sofa nicht blockieren. So habe ich den zusammengenähten Teil an meine Designwand gehängt und die restlichen Rosetten drum herum zu verteilt. Hier seht ihr einen Zwischenstand, denn oben und unten werden weitere Rosetten folgen. Nun kann ich jeweils die Rosetten, die ich annähen will herunternehmen während die restlichen schön an ihrem vorbestimmten Platz bleiben. Und es macht richtig Spass zu sehen, wie der Teil auf dem Schoss wächst, während die Anzahl Rosetten auf der Designwand abnimmt.

Avere un muro da disegno é davvero un grande aiuto. Avevo incominciato a cucire insieme le rosette distribuite sul divanetto. Ma mi accorsi che avevo bisogno di vedere il completo disegno. E poi cucire le rosette durerà per settimane se non mesi e mica posso occupare il divanetto per tutto questo tempo. Quindi portai la parte già cucita sul muro da disegno e aggiunsi intorno le altre rosette. Su queste foto mancano ancora delle rosette scure in alto e in basso. Le rosette con la carta dentro sono troppo pesanti per tenersi da sole appiccicate al muro. Meno male che a me non mancano i spilli. Ora posso togliere le rosette che voglio cucire mentre le altre rimangono brave al loro posto destinato. E poi é davvero divertente vedere come la parte che sto cucendo cresce mentre le rosette sul muro diminuiscono.



No comments:

Post a Comment